Chicago Neighborhood Guide: Gold Coast
Associate the area with its namesake, Chicago’s Gold Coast really is that golden. Sitting just north of the loop and right on Lake Michigan, the neighborhood has a certain sparkle to it. One of the main streets, Oak Street, is deemed “Chicago’s luxury shopping destination,” and definitely lives up to its name. Plan a trip to see all that the Gold Coast has to offer and stay right down the street with us at Hyatt Regency Chicago. Reserve your downtown Chicago hotel room for 15% off the rate and 50% off valet parking. Click here to book.
Gold Coast Bars & Restaurants
- Gibson’s Steakhouse- An iconic meal in the Windy City is steak and an iconic steakhouse, where can you go wrong? Head to Gibson’s for a tasty, filling dinner,
- Tavern on Rush- First date? Outing with friends? Anniversary dinner? You can’t go wrong with Tavern on Rush. You’ll be sure to impress whichever crowd you’re with.
- Butch McGuire’s – Going against the Gold Coast grain is Butch McGuire’s with their cheap drinks and casual atmosphere. Put your dancing shoes on to boogie on the second floor equipped with poles and plenty of space.
Gold Coast Shopping
- Bloomingdale’s – Even if you don’t see the Bloomingdale’s storefront, you’ll know you’re in the near vicinity once you see people carrying the little medium or big brown bag. Hean to Bloomingdale’s at the 900 North Shops for all your favorite luxury goods.
- Oak Street Luxury Shopping- Just name the couture store and you’re probably in luck on Oak Street. This spot in the Gold Coast has its own website even, offering up all the ritzy storefronts to make you feel fancy.
- Water Tower Place- Not only a historic icon, but the array of shopping at Water Tower is purely overwhelming. Head vertical 7 stories to fully enjoy all of Water Tower.
Gold Coast Attractions
- Oak Street Beach- As one of the most popular beaches in Chicago, Oak Street boasts a full scale restaurant during the summer months to accommodate
- Museum of Contemporary Art- Chicago has many museums, but MCA is not to miss! Their tech savvy website will guide you through past current and future exhibitions so you can plan accordingly. For those 21 and up, on’t miss First Fridays for cocktails and Wolfgang Puk hors dourves along with the museum visit for just $14 in advance.
- Loyola University of Chicago- Chicago is not only a great city, but it’s home to great universities. Hyatt Regency Chicago is the perfect hotel to stay when visiting the beautiful urban LUC campus.