Summer is unofficially over. The passing of Labor Day means the end of white shorts, all-day boat parties on Lake Michigan, constant festing and food on a stick.
September doesn’t have to be associated with misery though, there’s still plenty of enjoyable outdoor weather and thus, opportunities to check out that rooftop patio you may have missed.
This month you will never feel guilty for having fun because it “could be the last nice day.” Feeling like you might never see the sun again or a Fahrenheit number above 60 gives a nice sense of urgency to enjoy every last drop. Here are our picks for September events and happenings. Book your downtown Chicago hotel room for 15% off the rate and 50% off parking. Click here to book at Hyatt Regency Chicago.
September Concerts in Chicago:
- September 7: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Wrigley Field
- September 13: Mary J. Blige & D’Angelo at the United Center
- September 19 & 20: Madonna at the United Center
- September 20: Willie Nelson & Family at the Chicago Theater
- September 30: Ben Folds Five at the Chicago Theater
September Festivals in Chicago:
- September 8: RedBull Flugtag at North Avenue Beach
- September 7-8: Windy City Wine Festival at Grant Park
- September 28-30: Chicago Gourmet at Millennium Park
September Races in Chicago:
- September 9: Chicago Half Marathon & 5K
- September 15: The Chicago Lung Run
- September 16: Bucktown 5K
- September 22: Chicagoland Race for the Cure
- September 29: Aids Run/Walk Chicago