As the resident social media & marketing manager for Hyatt Regency Chicago, Katie Gear spends at least a few hours a week keeping tabs of what’s going on each day & weekend in the city of Chicago. We’re excited to kick off a new weekly series, featuring five things to do in Chicago recommended by various Hyatt Regency Chicago employees!
My Friday Five’s for the weekend of September 25 would have to include the following:
Best Sports: Chicago Bears vs Seattle Seahawks (September 27, Soldier Field)
- I was born and raised in Chicago so I can’t think of anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon than hang out at Soldier Field’s tailgate lot with football fans! Since both teams are currently 0 – 2, it should make for an interesting day of football!
2. Best Eats: Chicago Gourmet (September 25 – 27, Millennium Park)
- This is probably one of my favorite foodie events of the year, taking place at Millennium Park. This star-studded event features some of the most well-known chefs and sommeliers. Browse the food-filled schedule here, so you can be like me and plan your meals accordingly!
3. Best Local Festival: Edgewater Fall Art Festival (September 25 – 27, Broadway & Granville Ave)
- I love art festivals, this one is only in it’s third year, but I was able to find a few unique pieces last year, so I cannot wait to enjoy again this year! There’s over 100 Chicago based artists who bring jewelry, pottery, paintings plus a beer garden, children’s activities corner and live music.
4. Best Fall Activity: Starved Rock State Park (Year Round, Oglesby)
- Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from the busy city life, so I’ve planned myself a little day-cation at the beautiful Starved Rock State Park. If you’ve never been, this is a gorgeous time of year to hike over 13 miles of well marked trails surrounded by the beauty of fall.
5. Best Way To Stay In Shape: Chicago Half Marathon (September 27, Jackson Park)
- After a busy weekend of festivals, I like to fit in a 5k or a run, which you can find almost year round in Chicago. This weekend the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k takes place in Jackson Park, the site of the 1893 World Columbian Exposition, then winds through Hyde Park & University of Chicago’s Campus, finishing at the Statue of the Republic!
Need a hotel room this weekend? Stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago and enjoy a special discount when using our social media rate, use offer code CHIFAN. Click here to reserve your downtown Chicago hotel room and save!