Chicago Neighborhood Guide: Old Town
Old Town is home to many young professionals and families. With huge growth in places to dine and shop, you can’t go wrong hanging out in this neighborhood. Just north of the Gold Coast and south of Lincoln Park, Old Town isn’t too far from Hyatt Regency Chicago. Stay with us for 15% off the rate and 50% off parking. Click here to book your downtown Chicago hotel.
Old Town Bars & Restaurants
- Old Town Social- Relax and celebrate in true Gatsby-esque style with a parlour, wood-burning fireplace, in-house cured meats and seasonal and limited edition beer selections including Charles Wells Bombardier, exclusive to Old Town Social.
- Benchmark- Although Benchmark scales a large amount of square footage; you can still spend some intimate time with friends here. Pick down or upstairs for good grub and large TVs.
- Burton Place- This 5 a.m. bar is a great choice to end the night. Although the first level can get cramped as surrounding spots close, the upstairs has plenty of room to spread out and get some dancing in before you retire for the evening.
Old Town Shopping
- The Fudge Pot- Who can say no to chocolate, let alone fudge? Indulge your sweet tooth or just go to enjoy the aromas from this candy shop. Enjoy caramel apples, chocolate-dipped strawberries, toffee, truffles and more!
- Fleet Feet Sports- Runners can’t go wrong with the store’s expertise and selection of high quality athletic shoes and equipment. Grab some gear for your next Chicago race or just for your everyday exercise routine.
- The Spice House- Although Chicago is famous for great restaurants, sometimes you have to eat at home. Keep it interesting with some selections from this fragrant shop.
Old Town Attractions
- Old Town School of Folk Music- Founded in 1957, the Old Town School of Folk Music teaches and celebrates music and cultural expressions rooted in the traditions of diverse American and global communities.
- Joe’s on Weed Street- Although just a huge bar at first glance, Joe’s concert calendar is pretty impressive. From country to local cover bands, Joe’s surely has something that suits your music taste.
- The Second City- Celebrating over 50 years as the birthplace of Chicago-style improv and sketch comedy, The Second City has launched the careers of John Belushi, Mike Myers, Tina Fey, Bill Murray, Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell and many others.